Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Bodice Mock-up and Beading Sample 3/3/13

On Friday, I sent out the mock-up of the bodice and a sample of a beaded dinosaur. Sarah should get the package tomorrow.

The back, obviously. You may not be able to see the suggest line for the lower back she wants. She and her maid of honor, Courtney a fellow sewist, can figure it out.


  
The side.front. I suggested the shape of the sweetheart neck line, once again, they can suggest another one if they wish.

The bodice with bra cups attached. Definitely increase the bust size,  but the mock up fit it pretty well.


The boning attached. We got plenty of it from sewtrue.com along with the bra cups, some marling materials and a bridal gown bag. Thank God for online shopping. I could run all over Phoenix and still not find what we got here.

This took about 5 movies to do. It's a sampler to show Sarah the beads, sequins and crystals we have now and practice for me. It's not complete, but I wanted to get the bodice off to her. Can you see the dinosaur outline and some surrounding design?

My next step is to design and plan the bead work. It might be the most challenging part of the process for me. Then, I think I'll work on the beading by bodice piece, leaving areas along the seam lines free. I'm afraid if I did it as a whole, it would become soiled.

I have to get my butt in gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment