Monday, August 26, 2013

The End is Near!

The past week was crazy with all this. Most days I went to bed after 11 and woke up around 3:30 or 4 and got right to work. No sense laying in bed doing nothing when the project was consuming my thoughts! Then I spent hours at a time on it.

My work space is a mess. Threads and scraps everywhere. The termites must like the creative environment becasue they came back. Had the place retreated last Monday, but the rain we had reactivated them. After all the is over, we'll have to move things so they can do a more thorough treatment. Blasted disgusting creatures.

This first pic is the bodice as I'm prepping the lining. It ended up longer than I planned on...not sure what happened, but, it works. It's quite heavy.

This is just the lining and the boning. It's simply muslin for it's cottony comfort and absorbancy. I was thinking a silk/cotton blend would be luxurious, but stores don't carry that, and I didn't think far enough in advance to order it online. Oh well.


These are pouffies made of silk and organza to sew on the skirt. I'm just cutting petal shapes or making rosettes out of strips. I'm also using a leftover shiny tulle and a little rainbow lame for accents. They're sewn under the tucks.

Here it is, mostly finished. I spent yesterday wrangling with the tulle to make two underlays. Actually, I took this before I had it finalized, I think. The pouffies go where the blue strips are maybe. I put the strips there when I pinned up the tucks so I wouldn't miss any pins. I'm adding more, moving some around. It's not rocket science. Some of this was, but not this part. It's really more amazing in real life.


So, there will be a wedding dress. Today, I need to finish the tucks and pouffies and attach the bodice to the skirt. I'm also going to start my dress. Tomorrow, I will hand pick the zipper and work hard and hope and pray I get it all done in time for out flight Wednesday morning.

Diving back in!

No comments:

Post a Comment