Friday, August 16, 2013

So Over This--Except I'm Not

A quick update before I return to my exquisite obsession.

I wake up in the middle of the night and sew on more beads because that's all I think about. Then I move on to thinking about the skirt. We leave in less than 2 weeks-hopefully. If hubby can get his vacation time straightened out.

Augh! I grocery shopped the other day for frozen pizza and Marie Calendar pot pies. No time to cook. When I take a few moments to work on my novel, I can't think...

Most projects come to this. It reminds me of my college days at the University of Maine at Farmington's theater. In the final week before a production went up, it seemed like it wouldn't fall together. Actors still didn't know their lines and forgot their blocking. Scenery and costumes weren't done, barely any tickets sold...how could it all possibly come together?

Yet, every time, it did. Some better than others, but the show always went on. And it was always a relief and a let down when it was over.

Enough waxing sentimental. Progress.

The skirt after I finalized the shape of the hem. Don't worry, it gets better.

The bodice and skirt pinned to the form. The blue strips of paper mark the pins where I think the puffy petals will go. 

The 97% beaded front. If I can figure out how to hang it in front of a light source, the pattern will show up. Maybe next time.

 Pinned together on the form. Without the tulle. Oh, you can see the new termite tunnel behind the wooden artist mannequin. Yup. Sigh.


I really like doing this. I don't like the time pressure, but...sometimes life is like that. Could be worse. I know that for sure!

I've been watching mostly TV shows, or working in silence plotting my novel. I rewatched seasons 1, 4 and the first 8 episodes of 5 of Breaking Bad. I've started Drop Dead Diva, Damages, and have seen quite a bit of Kitchen Nightmares which inspired me to finally clean my refrigerator on one of those nights when I woke up at 3:30.

Back to beading! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment